Tuesday 1 February 2011

Project Partnership Meeting

Up until today, my involvement in meetings at the CCT could be summed up as taking minutes, and occasionally speaking up.

Today I attempted to lead a meeting. 

This was my very first day on the project, my first time down to Langport, and my first time seeing the church.  It was also the first time I met Melita, who officially, is a consultant and local expert for the project, but unofficially, is my mentor, supervisor, guidance and back-up when scary meetings start to get scary.

As far as my leadership of the meeting went I don't think I was very successful - partly due to my lack of knowledge of the project and the church, and partly due to me crippling inexperience at the head of a meeting.  Fortunately Melita was on top form, and took all the tricky questions in her stride.

Having said this, the meeting went well, we came away with lots of information and lots to think about.  Coming soon should be exciting detail about the project's web-presence (which includes this little blog of mine), and future meetings where we come face to face with real life, unabridged, 100%, young people!

No comments:

Post a Comment