Friday 10 June 2011

New Saints Blog Statement - Grant

This is the first in a series of guest posts from the other members of New Saints, giving some background as to why they got involved in the project, what they're looking forward to, and what they hope to achieve through the All Saints Langport Youth Project.  Take it away ... Grant!

"I wanted to be involved in the project because it opens up new opportunities to myself and others, to also say that I helped and had a part of it.  I think my thoughts and opinions could help for designs and running of the project.  Also just another person to be there to help where I can.

Opportunities: I'm looking forward to being part of something that will affect the community.  To gain new experiences and to meet new people and create new friendship or build on the ones already there.  I'm really looking forward to work with our group and others as it gives you ideas and hopefully I give them.  Also seeing new places.

Career and future prospects: With doing anything there is always lessons and skills that you can learn.  The project and group will be a great thing to be a part of.  The project will throw its own challenges, big and small but if we all stick together I'm sure we can beat them.  As with all projects that you're a part of, it always looks good on the CV and if they've heard of the project then it will look even better.

Heritage learning: well I have already learnt about the hunkypunks on the sides of the church, which really surprised me to know they are rare.  It makes me feel a little privileged to be living really close to it.  Its always nice to be able to tell the history of an area/place/building as it makes you feel proud to even know

The group's always a laugh, as much as we enjoy ourselves, we also get the work done, which is just a great way to work.  As always with working with a heritage project it always can be as you learn history bit not in a boring way, in a interesting way.

As a team we congratulate ourselves.  Its always nice to know something's gone well and if not then see how we can change or do something about it.  A nice way would be to spend a day or something together just to have a bit of fun."

Thanks Grant! Stay tuned for more statements from more New Saints in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment