Thursday 9 June 2011

Making more of a name for ourselves

The last week has been a bit of a media whirlwind

Monday was the deadline to get an article about New Saints and the project into the Langport Leveller, I think we made that by the skin of our teeth!  This went through multiple redrafts as I had an identity crisis regarding whether I was a young person or a heritage person whilst writing (by the end of it we decided I was a young person).  It was very helpful to have Melita's guiding hand to point out that no, I was not writing a press release, I was writing an article for the local newspaper.

As you may have seen from my last post, I was on BBC Radio Somerset on Tuesday, talking about the project to Matt Faulkner on the breakfast show.  This was a really good experience, having to condense the essence of the project into a couple of sentences to put it across simply but effectively on the radio.  It's also a very good way of making sure you're wide awake first thing in the morning, nothing like a bit of adrenaline with your cereal! 
According to anyone who listened, my identity crisis cropped up again here, but this time in the form of making very sure that everyone knew that I am a young person! Perhaps I've just got too used to referring to 'young people' with the project!

On Wednesday I was invited to a special viewing of the CCT's new fundraising video, you may remember me talking about this here.  This was the CCT making the most of our innovative and exciting project to appeal to potential donors to the charity.  If hearing yourself on the radio is cringeworthy, watching yourself on the telly is 10 times worse!  I was pleasantly surprised that I looked like I knew what I was talking about though.  I was also pleased and proud of Joe's performance on the video - one of the New Saints, but that meeting was the first time he'd met any of us and he had a camera shoved in his face!

On Wednesday, due to my brief stint as a radio star, the project was featured in the News section on the CCT website ... gosh, that writing style looks awfully familiar, I wonder who wrote that...

So, I think apart from a giant billboard on the A303 (which will be addressed in the options appraisal) (that was a joke) we've covered most of the mainstream media platforms this week! phew!
(Not to mention that twitter is still going strong).

No comments:

Post a Comment